The seafront is very busy at the moment. I am developing a real anti-jetski thing, which people I have spoken to recently will be sadly quite familiar with. Very warm today, but as I was feeling smug I went out anyway. I have written some words for my dissertation! Woo.
So far my displacement activities have been:
- cutting my hair, a normal activity when I am fidgetty
- going out for post-its, returning with a table and parasol
- repotting all my plants
- deadheading all my plants
- defrosting the freezer
- defrosting the fridge (it has an icebox)
- going to Scotland
- starting a teeny tiny business on Etsy
- looking for Claud’s track pump
- painting my nails every other day
- cutting a bit more off my hair
- trying to work out how to convert Babybio houseplant food dilution ratio (drop per pint or something like that) to the same as own brand tomato food (cap lid per 4 litres or so).Which is a pointless activity because the nutrient ratios are different anyway.
- Trying to find the right pen for my mood. Sometimes a fibre or gel pen is just too slidey and I really need a biro. I know I could type but there we go.
- Job hunting.
- Going to work.
Oh, and blogging.
So, avoiding the slowly moving holidaymakers and the jet skis are this family of seagulls. They were whistling fit to bust because the rather bored parent was not fishing 3 fresh (insert appropriate fish here) out of the surf for them. All the gull parents have that faraway look at the moment, fantasising I suspect that they are swallows and could just fly away and leave the naggy little buggers behind. 3 miles.